Sunday, February 16, 2014

The World Hangs on Nothing -- He Holds Onto You

The World Hangs on Nothing -- He Holds Onto You (Decemeber 14, 2013)

I published this post on my devotional, "As He Is, So Are We" Ministries.

I think that this truth bears repeating, meditating, and immersing for us.

As long as we insist on seeing ourselves in this world, and resist accepting that Christ has taken care off all things for us, we frustrate His grace in our lives and struggle.

We are not called to struggle, but rather to rest and let Him live through us:

"In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him." (1 John 4: 9)

Here is the post in its fullest:
"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing." (Job 26: 7)

God is everything, and this "everything" is expressed in His Son Jesus:

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven." (Colossians 1: 15-20)

God is everything, and the world we walk in hangs on nothing, or in nothingness.

If this whole world depends on nothing, then it certainly does not depend on us, and we certainly should not feel as if everything does depend on us.

Instead, God invites us to depend on Him, and let everything depend on Him:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10: 28-29)

and

""Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

Jesus Christ holds onto us, and the whole universe is held together by Him.

What makes you think, then, that you have to hold onto everything?

Thus Jesus offers to us:

"Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" ({Matthew 6: 25)

and

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Mathew 6: 33)

 God hangs the world on nothing, yet He gave everything for you. Let Him be the Everything who holds onto you.
 
Now that I have reposted this reading, I have to asks this question:
 
Why do we simply refuse to believe that He holds the world together in His hands?
 
We have not learned to be established in righteousness, and we have made more of our senses than His truth.
 
We prize our experience over His wisdom, every time.
 
One example of this is Alcoholics Anonymous. Because we do not believe that He took care of everything at the Cross, including our sin in the flesh, people still try to fix their feelings and thoughts through their actions, through religious programs, none of which can improve the inner bankruptcy of man, nor supply him with life and that more abundantly: man's greatest need.
 
The world hangs on nothing, yet God our Father holds onto everyone of us. I did not believe this, as for so many years  I was taught that I had to strive and struggle on my own.
 
This orphan spirit, this broken heart in so many Christians cannot be ignored. Like many Christians, I never realized that I was called to walk by faith every day in all that Jesus has done for me, not just trust in Him for a seat in heaven when I die, but that I am citizen of His Kingdom here and now forever!
 
I will never forget the abusive nonsense I heard from someone:
 
"You have to look out for yourself.
 
No, we do not look out for ourselves. We need to rest in the truth that He is looking out for us, and taking care of us in all things.
 
Why did the people I knew and learned with not believe this? Because like many people  in the Body of Christ, we still believe that we can many things, just not the miracles. We still eat from the knowledge of good, even if we have sworn off the evil. We do not understand that apart from Christ, we can do NOTHING -- not just the big things, but even the little things.
 
I was brought up to believe that Jesus died for me. That was it. Never did anyone tell me that He died for all my sins, past, present, future. No one told me that He lives under the power of an endless life to make a difference in every aspect of my life. No one told me that walking by faith has nothing to do with feeling or thinking within ourselves, but rather has everything to do with taking God at His Word, that He has been from the beginning, that in Him we live and move and have our being, that we are called to live through Him, too.
 
No human program can grant this grace to us. The revelation of God the Father and His Son is granted to us through His Holy Spirit!

Growing in grace is about receiving more faith, and faith is nothing more, and nothing less, than seeing more of Him who has been from the beginning: Jesus (1 John 2: 12-14)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment