Thursday, February 13, 2014

Why I Worried, and Why I No Longer Worry

Worry for me was not about feelings, after all.

Wow!

Crazy but foolish, yet when considering what I had believed it all makes sense.

I tried to fix the feelings, tried to hype up my sentiments. Tried to fix my feelings.

The wrong belief about God, creates erroneous thoughts about God, and thus we end up in fearful panic.

I spent so much time dealing with the feelings.

That's a waste of time.

Where did I get this wrong idea from, anyway?

Alcoholics Anonymous. Hardly a spiritual program, AA is totally carnal, focused on only our minds and feelings.

We are spirit first, for God breathed man into existence with His breath.

Not our thinking or feeling. He is working. He is working.

I worried not because I did not believe that He was working.

I believed that I had to work, too, that He could not work unless I was doing something.

No.

"27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 27-29)

He lives in us, He works in us, and when we accept that we can do nothing without Him, then we receive His help fully and perfectly.

This is the meaning of "growing in grace", people!

I worried not because I believed that I had to work for Him to work. Wrong. I worried also because I believed that He was not big enough, or not willing, to help.

We will worry if we rely only on our mind's capacity to understand Him.

For this reason, Paul would write:

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment