Thursday, February 20, 2014

AA Makes You Run From God

This revelation cannot be ignored, either.

You want to know why many people are lonely, fearful, and down-right anxious about the future?

They are looking to man, or to themselves for help, instead of trusting in God, the greater Creator and Redeemer of the universe.

I lived in a home where so many people spent more time running to each other or to friends or to comfort measures for help.

We cannot find the grace and peace for our lives in other people.

We simply can't.

Men and women, flesh and blood, cannot meet the need of man's spirit.

We are intended to be new creations (2 Corinthian 5: 17), filled with God's spirit within us.

"Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD." (Jeremiah 17: 5)

"Cursed" can also mean "made bitter" -- for every time that we trust in other people instead of Almighty God, we will find ourselves embittered and hindered in our lives.

Who can fill us to the fullest, apart from God Almighty? No one person can meet the whole need of man, for we need life and that more abundantly, and apart from Him, from Jesus Christ, we can do nothing (John 15: 5)

Yet for years, I was taught that every time I was afraid, or angry, or had any other frustrations and hurt in my life, I needed to run to someone else.

I need to pour out my feelings and thoughts to someone else.

I cannot believe that I lived in such bondage for so long.

Yet that's what I was taught all my life.

Today, I have learned the following:

"2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

Our souls is prospered, which occurs as we rest in the Finished Work of Jesus' death on the Cross, the truth which sets us free (John 8: 32)

AA makes people run away from God, forcing them to seek someone else to deal with the person's fears and pains.

The bondage of resting, or rather depending on someone else to alleviate every fear -- such bad teaching and training created too many problems in my life.

Emotional independence is crucial for every one of us. If we trust in man, in Adam, for our peace, we will find ourselves frustrated at every turn.

I got really angry when I realized that I was taught about God, but that He was not someone who could help through every difficult situation I was facing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment