Thursday, February 13, 2014

We Are Spirit, Not Just Mind

Man is a spirit, posssess a soul, lives in a body.

As long as man ignores his spirit, he is left with trying to please his soul and his body.

Yet the fears and frustrations of this life cannot be put away with more efforts, reading, or thinking.

We need to appreciate life and that more abundantly through the Spirit, and this Spirit we receive through God's Word, and this Spirit, the Holy Spirit, witnesses of Jesus Christ!

I have written at length about the disturbing fraud endemic in AA, part of which induces people to enter into a spiritual program by choosing their own conception of God.

I do not want a God in my head. I need the God who made the heavens and the earth, who is greater than our thoughts and feelings, and who loves us and cares for us, no matter what we are thinking and feeling.

Any program, any train of thought which brings you back to yourself, will end up creating deepened bondage.

If God is no bigger than my head, then my belief about him will be distorted by my faulty, limited experiences, as opposed to the Truth of who He is, as declared in His Word!

I do not want a projection of myself. I cannot save myself. I need the Savior, not just a Master and Teacher, and definitely not a fraudulent guru like Bill W.

Man is spirit, and our spirit comes from God:

"26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1: 26-27)

and then

"7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2: 7)

Our life is from God Himself, and He sent His Son, that we would receive His life living in and through us:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

and then

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

Our life is not in us, and definitely not in our minds. In His Spirit, we have life, and we find this life in His Word:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6: 63)

Not a manmade cult, but God in the Flesh grants us life, and that more abundantly, for we are spirit, and cannot be fulfilled with fleshy things of the mind or our body.

This lesson has taken me some time to receive, but I am no sadder for the amount of time needed.

Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment