Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Why I Lived in Bondage - and Now Resting in Bonds of His Love

I lived in my feelings for a long time.

I had believed that if I felt bad, it meant that God was not with me, that He was far away.

I lived in fear for a long time, and as long as I felt at peace, then I knew that I was OK with God.

We know that God is for us not because we feel Him, but because sent His Son to die for us, and when His blood was shed, God cut the New Covenant with all mankind.

God made this covenant with His Son, and He is our representative at the right hand of God the Father.

I lived in great bondage because I was convinced that how I felt, or what I did, could make or break whether God was working in my life or not.

I had not knowledge of the perfect love of God in my life, because I was convinced that I still had to confess my sins, that I had to work for this life, that I had to take care of myself and everything else.

Today, I know my identity in Christ, which has nothing to do with my parents, my past, or even my passions.

It's all about Christ and Him Crucified, yet in my upbringing, I never learned about this fullness.

I lived in bondage because I thought that I was bound to take responsibility for everything in my life.

If I did not take care of everything, then I would lose everything.

Where did this wrong doctrine come from? Alcoholics Anonymous.

If we operate out of our conception of God, we are left with our limited understanding, and for me, God was someone whom I had to live up to, rather than a Daddy who sent His Son to live for and through and in me.

I lived in bondage, and today I rest in the bonds of God's love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment