Monday, December 23, 2013

Even More Victory!

I was never my feelings.

Jesus has been bearing me through all hardships all this time.

Even in my lowest moments, God was there.

He made the most of those terrible moments.

From the moment that you believe on Jesus, you are seated in Him in heavenly places.

You are in Christ, and no one can take you away from Him.

You may be deceived in your mind, you may give into false doctrines which occlude your mind.

Yet the moment that you believe on Him and receive from His life.

I used to live in fear every day that my thoughts and feelings would oppress and interrupt everything that I did.

I lived in meager bondage, doing very little, since I never wanted to deal with my troubled thoughts and feelings.

Lo and behold -- what I was thinking and feelings -- that was never me.

I have died, in fact. For all intensive purposes, we are all dead in Christ, and we live in Christ.

The starting point for everyone of us in Christ is victory:

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." (Romans 8: 37)

and

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15: 57)

For the record, "give" is in the present active participle. God is actively now giving us victory!

"Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place." (2 Corinthians 2: 14)

"Always causeth us" is present active particple again: always leading us.

This victory is never-ending, never-ceasing.

Do not identify with your feelings. Do not identify with anything but Christ Jesus, for He is our life, our new identity:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

You are in Christ, Beloved. Stop looking at your thoughts and feelings, because they are not you!

No comments:

Post a Comment