Saturday, October 12, 2013

You Have a Champion, Not a Conception

We need someone who will fight our battles, not someone or something that will make the fight harder.

I lived for so long, convinced that I had to think, feel, do, be a certain way in order for God the Father, His Son, His Spirit to live and work in me.

"You are working too hard!"

"You are so hard on yourself!"

"Stop thinking so much!"

"Take a chill pill!"

I heard all of this stuff for a long time.

Yes, I was nervous.

Yes, I was easily hurt, frustrated, angry.

People still seemed to dominate me, and much more after working the Twelve Steps than before.

Yet the worst feeling was not that other people could hurt me, or that I was entering into this world without any sense of safety or defense.

It was the sense that I was stepping into a lifeliess void, one in which the whole world, the life that I was leading was all up to me, and only me.

Such is the case if we live bu a higher power which we have conceived of.

The Bible reveals to us a God who is beyond our wonders, so good that we can only believe and receive from Him:

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Corinthians 2: 9)

We must not draw on some backward idea of what we think of GOd, but rather let His Word speak of Himself:

"Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?" (John 14: 9)

Jesus is our champion, for in Him we are more than conquerors (Romans 8: 37)

As we grow in grace and knowledge of Him, we see more of all that He has done for us, that He wishes to continue doing for us, too

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 2)

In Christ, we have more than a conception of God, but the Champion who causes us to triumph (2 Corinthians 2: 14), and in all things (Romans 8: 32)

No comments:

Post a Comment