Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Program Makes you Non-Assertive

How long I struggled with this problem, I cannot recall.

Yet I struggled, nonetheless.

A sense of force was all to pervasive in my life, a sentiment that I was doing something wrong, that I would get in trouble.

This reproach followed me around all the time.

I was bitter, selfish, easy to offend.

It seemed that people could easily offend me, too.

I never knew how to deal with difficult people, convinced that my bad feelings were something I had to get rid of so that I could interact effectively with others.

How true it is: AA makes people incapable of working with others.

Why? Because the program prescribes self-centeredness by teaching people to live under a set of guidelines, to be obsessed ultimately with an "alcoholic" identity.

When a man enters the world with a sense of "Unfinished", that everything he says and does must measure up with some program, and that his feelings are other people's responsibility, it will be a matter of time before the person goes crazy or goes into hiding, convinced that how others treat him or her can determine his day.

These lies lived in my mind for so long, and it was all because of the terrible AA cult and the indoctrination of my "Stepper Mom".

Everything was my fault if I got angry, and yet at the same time, I was not allowed to be angry, either.

AA teaches you that you are powerless, not just over alcohol, but over yourself and everything else.

What a bunch of garbage.

Yet I believed it, and some still do who visit the rooms.

Yet more people are leaving, and Jesus Christ and His Good News are responsible!

The Program makes you non-assertive because it teaches you to see yourself as wrong all the time. When other people provoke or malign, what else can a person do but look at themselves first?

The program indoctrinates people to blame themselves over and over.

"It is a spiritual axiom" begins the Tenth Step in "The Twelve and Twelve"

Where's the proof for this nonsense? Nowhere. Axiomatic means nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment