Monday, October 7, 2013

No Need to Fight -- Christ Paid for All

Whether at the office, at the school, or just about anywhere else in life, I felt that I had to put up with people's abuses.

If I stood up for myself, what if I was wrong? What if I got in trouble for speaking up?

This kind of frustration, I am convinced, was just a part of life.

So I would struggle to stand up to people, afraid of doing something wrong or losing something.

Now that I understand who I am in Christ, I no longer fear doing something wrong or losing something at all.

There is no condemnation in Christ, none.

That means we do not have to fear any wrong-doing. We do not have to fear losing anything.

In Christ, we receive a perfect, accepted standing in Him. We know that we receive all things in Him, as well.

The second part bears repeating -- He has provided all things for us.

It's not our job to fight, to grab, to do anything for ourselves, for He has done all things for us..

How can we rest in this wonderful truth?

Because we have received the gifts of righteousness and grace from Him (Romans 5: 17), and we keep receiving them, there is nothing that anyone can take from us.

In fact, we can rest assured that men would reproach us, grace is superabounding in our lives all the more:

"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound." (Romans 5: 20)

and

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 8-10)

When you know that everything in your life is freely given (Romanns 8: 32), when you know that everything you are and have is because of God's grace in your life through His Son (1 Corinthians 15: 10), then there is nothing that anyone can take from you, because He keeps on standing up for us.

We have all things in Christ, and therefore we need not fear what men may do to us, or the setbacks which may befall us.

We no longer have to react in frustration and anger just because people do not do what we want.

In Christ, all things are taken care of. He merely asks that each one of us places his hand in His!

No comments:

Post a Comment