Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Why I Never Believed -- AA

Law and Grace, Faith and Works -- they cannot, cannot mix.

Either we believe that God is doing everything, that He has provided everything, or we limit his omnipotence as we trust in our impotence.

"For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:" (Romans 4: 14)

And we fall from grace when we try to earn -- anything!

"1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." (Galatians 5: 1-6)

We are called to a life of grace, a life in which Jesus Christ has provided everything for us. We do not have to strive or struggle to hold onto anything, because everything is ours (1 Corinthians 3: 22)

AA gives us a program, rules, a sense of order, which in fact invites disorder, and reminds us at every time that we do not measure up, that we cannot work any program with any finesse or finality.

Life cannot be about keeping rules, but about the Ruler Keeping You.

Why I never believed that God is so good, that Jesus is the Best?

Because I was walking under a mixed message, trying to live for God, when I have no life apart from Him.

He is my life, He is everything to, for without Him, there is nothing that would have ever been made!

I never believed that all my sins were fully and forever covered, I often wondered if I was going to get in trouble, I looked over my shoulder with panic and fear.

I feared my own self, that I would say, or do, or think something that would get me in trouble.

I had done really bad things, and I had thought and said much worse.

The bondage was unbearable, I had no idea how I would escape.

Then I realize today -- God had been doing not just what I could not do for myself.

He has been doing everything, and He has been from the beginning being there for me.

Such a love, such a manifest, such power cannot be articulated or conceived. We must receive it by revelation, or not believe it at all.

We must believe on Him whom the Father hath sent, or not believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment