Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Never Felt OK in AA

"Don't get obsessed, now!" Someone counseled me.

I understand where they were coming from.

I should not focus so much on the bad upbringing which I had. I should not hammer the issues that I faced in this life, and tell everyone that I was in so much pain because of the garbage taught in the AA cult.

Yet the truth sets me free, and all who abide in the Truth, the Man and the Glory Jesus Christ as witnessed in the Word of God (John 8: 31-32), and now that I know the truth, I understand all the time why I was so worried, so fearful, and so frustrated!

Every day, I was looking at my thoughts and feelings, instead of the Perfect Man at the Father's right hand: Jesus Christ.

At the same time, I had no idea how I was supposed to live, what I was supposed to do.

AA creates people who become dependent on other people to tell them what to do, to come clean about their sins or defects of character for the day.

Every believer born again now sits in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, and therefore we have nothing to fear in this life.

Yet as long as Christians continue looking for rules and regulations, or Twelve Steps, to set them free, they will find themselves falling back into sin, creating the very perversions that they are called out of.

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law (1 Corinthians 15: 56)

But do not worry:

"57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15: 57)

We have victory in Christ, not in ourselves, and thus we are called to walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh, not in our efforts, not in ourselves.

The more that we try to live holy lives in ourselves, the more that we fail, that we sin, that we produce the very corruption which defines those who have died to sin..

I never felt OK in AA, always trapped in my feelings, always convinced that I had to something abotu the way that I felt so that I could do better.

There is no escape from this spiral of frustration, except that we are delivered completely out of self and into Christ, who holds all things together!

No comments:

Post a Comment