Saturday, June 7, 2014

Those Feelings, Those Thoughts -- Feel Real (But Aren't)

One of the greatest frauds perpetrated by AA rests in the deception that I must be free from anger, avoid fear and resentment, etc.

Nothing can separate me from the love of God, nothing.

I can frustrated His grace with trying to feel a certain way, but otherwise His grace does not cease flowing in my life just because of how I feel.

That is an amazing revelation for me (I am glad for you if you figured this out long before I did)

Instead of focusing on Him, I need to understand that He is focused on me.

There's the cure for self-centeredness -- Christ-centered, knowing that He is the center of all things and that nothing can remove you from Him - - - nothing!

Our protection is outside, our peace starts outside, and everything that matters is not inside, but outside.

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

"Risen with Christ" means taken out of our dead selves.

We do not get out of ourselves through our efforts, but through His Finished Effort, at the Cross (John 19: 30)

He now lives in us and through us, and therefore we do not worry about ourselves, or where we are going, or anything else for that matter.

For too long, I kept thinking that I had to hold onto Him, but the truth is that He is holding onto me.

This revelation starts with knowing that all my sins are forgiven, and that I can come boldly into the throne of grace in time of need.

When we are trouble, too often we run to someone else, or we try to fix the feelings.

That is not the answer. Jesus our High Priest Forever -- He is the answer!

No matter what I may feel, I know that I can come to Him, and He is working in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment