Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Past (In Our Heads) is Not Real

Our heads and thus our emotions are the most vivid aspect of our experience.

Just because they are vivid does not make them real, however.

They are not real.

The terrifying upsets of years past, when I felt that I was entirely alone, such feelings were so debilitating that I did not want to venture out.

I was consumed with not feeling a certain way.

When I began to realize that He is for me even when I am far away, that He is for me even when I am against anything, then I stopped worrying about how I felt.

The fire in our heads, in our minds is very strong.

The fiery darts of the enemy are exactly that: fiery.

It is very had to turn away from our feelings, very difficult to rest on the promises of God's Word.

We want to be saved by faith and feelings, according to one pastor.

How true that is.

Our salvation is objective, in a Person who died for us, who rose for us, who ministers on our behalf.

This truth has nothing to do with how I feel, or what I think.

It's objective, not subjective. I believe it because it's true; it's not true because I believe it.

The fearful sentiments of the past and the future cannot take away the truth of Jesus alive and present now and forever in my life.

In fact, I can go back or go forward, I can take thought about the morrow, and I will find that such "taking thought" is a waste of time.

Because He is taking thought about it already.

I am not worrying about the future because He already is taking care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment