Tuesday, June 3, 2014

He is Transforming Me -- Not the Other Way Around

The mental anguish I have faced in my life boils away to this recognized fact:

I wanted to improve myself.

I wanted to make myself feel better.

I wanted so much, and could get so little to improve.

There is no help in self-help.

None.

Do any of us really believe that we as broken people, broken from the inside out, can fix ourselves?

What arrogance!

Yet that's what I believed for so long.

If I felt bad, then I had to do something about it.

If there were bad thoughts, fearful thoughts, I was convinced that I had to do something about them.

I even went as far as asking God to help me to deal with the feelings and thoughts.

He has done much more, and much better.

These stupid rules in our lives create so much trouble.

Don't feel bad. Make sure that there is no bitterness or resentment in your life.

That's not what the grace of God has done for us.

In fact, His grace is helping us even now and all the more.

Our self-efforts stop God's grace. Our sin cannot.

We can be bitter - and He will make us better.

When we try to make ourselves better, we will get bitter.

He transforms us, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment