Friday, November 14, 2014

The Sources of the Morning Struggles

We are too caught up in trying to fix our thinking.

We are too busy trying to feel good when God wants us to see how good He is.

We do not have to feel bad about feeling bad. We do not have to care about our feelings.

They merely register what we are thinking. Nothing more.

In the morning, sometimes the most negative assaults take over in my head.

The conflicts and frustrations then intercept, and sometimes I spend too much trying to undo or remove whatever it is that is on my mind.

There is no peace in that internal, fight.

We are not set free looking at ourselves. We are not set free trying to free ourselves.

Otherwise, we would have never been in bondage in the first place.

What were those fights all about, anyway?

I had believed that what I was thinking would determine whether God was there for me or not.

The ugly depths that a person will fall into fighting with his head -- those plunges are just staggering, and quite painful.

We are not set free through our efforts. We are released from bondage and pain by resting in the truth of all that Jesus has done for us.

This revelation is just wonderful.

For the longest time, I would take as truth whatever I was thinking or feeling, as though I had to take it seriously.

Bringing every thought into captivity to the Obedience of Christ: that is what it is all about. We do not submit to our minds, but rather our minds submit to Christ Jesus!

Cool!

This morning, and the mornings after, I can rest in the truth that He is taking care of all things for me. The falsehood of trying to take care of tomorrow has been put away forever. I am not responsible for tomorrow, because He has already taken are of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment