Saturday, November 1, 2014

Not Self-Help, but Spirit-Help

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." (2 Corinthians 3: 18)

We are not transformed by our efforts.

Man is dead in his trespasses, and there is no way that we can create life or recover from this sin through our efforts.

We need Jesus, we need His Life, and we need Him every day.

Notice that the Spirit of God transforms us.

Not ourselves, but His Spirit.

There was so much noise in my head.

Now I realize today -- you do not pay attention to that noise at all.

Especially the noise that presses you with: "What are you going to do about tomorrow? The next day?"

He has all of my times in His hands. Is there any reason for me to worry about tomorrow?

This is still taking me time to accept.

I was straining through my feelings to bring Him into my life. If I was full of cares, I was holding onto them, as though God was far away because I was feeling bad.

That is crazy!

Yet I believed it, and for a long time, too.

Not self-help, but spirit-help, that is what it is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment