Friday, November 7, 2014

He is My Protector

I was overactive in my mind.

I would project the worst to protect me from the worst.

I lived in constant fear of bad things happening to me.

It is amazing how vivid our imagination can be.,

We are not called to worship our thinking, but to renew our minds to the truth of God's Word:

"1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." (Romans 12: 1-2)

and

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" (2 Corinthians 10: 5)

Jesus is my protector!

I did not know that/

I thought that I had to be  my own protector!

One of the best sermons I have heard in a long time goes like this:

"You were never meant to live life alone. You were meant to be a loved person, a cared-for person."

Why else did Paul pray for us to have a revelation of God's love for us!

When you read the AA book, however, there are these terrible undercurrents which feed a terrible lie -- I have to do my part so that God will do His part.

That is nonsense.

We have no part apart from Him.

Why did I believe that He was not watching out for me?

Because I was under bondage to the Old Covenant, convinced that how I felt and what I thought determined whether He was there for me or not.

Even a Christian brother tried to explain to me: "I will never leave you nor  forsake you." (Hebrews 13: 8)

Yet I did not believe that -- at the time.

Jesus is  my protector, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment