Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Why I Tried to Fix My Feelings

I believed that how I felt determined whether God was with me or against me.

I had not understood the riches of God's grace, as I do now.

The abundance of grace and the gifts of righteousness are now flowing fully in my life.

Yet for too long, I connected how I felt with how God felt about me.

That was never the case.

What I am thinking informs what I am feeling -- it's just that simple.

The man-centered cults and religions of our day try to induce to fix our feelings, to get our minds off of our problems rather than resting in the truth that Jesus has taken away all the pain and shame of our sin, as well as the sins of others.

Every time that I had a sense of panic or fear, I then felt that I had to do something about how I felt, so that then God could work in my life.

The truth is that He is working all the time, and when I recognize that He is taking care of all things, then there is no force to do something about how I feel, as much as to let everything go so that He can live in me.

Hallelujah!

Because I know that He is taking care of everything, I know that I do not have to worry about how I feel.

The New Covenant, which God the Father has cut with God the Son, ensures His full protection and provision in my life.

All of it rests on the truth that He has provided the full payment for my sins, and my unrighteousness and lawless deeds He will remember no more (Hebrews 8: 12)

This New Covenant is not based on my feelings, but His promise, His word, and His deed.

I do not have to fix my feelings, but rather fix my eyes on His promise.

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment