Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It Was My Fault (Yet He Loved Me Anyway)

I thought that how I thought made the difference whether He cared for me or not.

Such self-centered thinking is bankrupted and false.

He has been taking care of us because He is a God who wants to care for us:

"6Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5: 6-7)

Never once was His favor in my life, or in our lives, dependent on how we feel.

Ever.

That was not my mother or my father's fault.

It was my fault.

The Bible is very clear -- I have been made the righteousness of God in Christ, and it has nothing to do with how I feel.

Or how any of us feel.

Simple as that.

I was constantly asking God to show me that He loved me.

In the Bible, He already has:

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4: 10)

and then

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

The issue was not the need for proof, but the unwillingness to open my eyes to all that He had already done, and was still doing.

As long as we do not rest in a purged conscience, if we do not feel that He completed the work of redemption at the Cross, we will not be able to see all the other good that He is doing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment