Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More on the True Conception of God

God was always taking care of me and helping me, even when I did not feel, know, or even believe it.

He was taking care of me, even when I thought I had to take care of myself.

He was saving me from perils, even when I was not aware of the perils.

Consider this proverb:

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished." (Proverbs 22: 3)

Now, one interpretation of Proverbs would focus on what we do.

However, for the believer in Christ, we are dead to ourselves and alive in Him.

Let us see every wise and prudent person in Proverbs as Christ Jesus:

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:" (1 Corinthians 1: 30)

Jesus is our wisdom, and He foresees many dangers before we do, or ever could:

"Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered." (Psalm 40: 5)

We cannot count the number of times God has been good to us and taken care of us.

We simply can't.

Even when we think that that He wasn't taking care of us, He was taking care of us.

I lived in fear for so long, wondering whether God would protect me or not. The lie inside of me pressed against me so many times, such that I could get no peace.

The fear, the same was so crippling, and I was afraid to come to God and ask Him, convinced that how I felt indicated how God felt about me.

Such is the danger of being carnally minded:

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." (Romans 8: 6)\

Part of the reason we cannot be carnally minded is that God is doing, and has been doing, so much in our lives, that our senses alone simply cannot discern what He is doing.

I cannot touch but I can discern through the mind and His Word what Jesus was doing for me during hard times in earlier days.

When I thought that I was alone, or rather when I felt that I was alone, the truth is that He was so close.

The psalmist even writes that when we try to get away from God, He actually guides us all the more:

"9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
 
"10Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139: 9-10)
 
For David, the depths of the sea were further away than hell, since he mentioned taking the wings of the morning to seek the deepest parts of the sea after mentioning that even if he went to hell, God was there. To this day the uncharted regions of the sea challenge our understanding and baffle our comprehension.
 
How great He is. We cannot conceive how good He is. It's just not possible.
 
We need to grow in grace and knowledge of the LORD, and the first barrier to this growth begins with the false notion that I understand God, or that I have conceived of Him.
 
Such limited thinking creates bankrupted frustration in our lives and pushes us to ignore the revelation of His gracious love.

No comments:

Post a Comment