Monday, July 21, 2014

We Are Not Our Feelings

Wow.

This revelation has taken me longer than I could have realized.

I am righteous not because of how I feel.

At all.

It has nothing to do with how I feel.

We are righteous because of what Jesus did for us at the Cross, and what He continues to do at the right hand of God the Father.

We are caught up in our feelings all too much.

It was my fault.

I believed that I had to feel a certain way in order to be at peace with God.

I had to feel good to know that God was being good to me.

I really believed that, and that was wrong.

All wrong.

I also believed for some reason that how I felt determined whether I was hearing from God or not.

If I felt bad, then I would not be able to hear from God.

Wow -- that was all wrong.

We are not our feelings, we are in Christ, and we believe that we are in Christ because we have been justified from all things (Acts 13: 38-39)

It does not matter how we feel at all. It simply does not matter.

Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment