Tuesday, July 24, 2012

We Cannot be Cut Off from His Spirit

For when harboring such feelings we shut ourselves off from the sunlight of the Spirit. (Big Book, pg. 66)

A thousand times "No!"

An infinite number of times "No!"

Nothing can separate us from God, the love of God, the Spirit of God!

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8: 38-39)

Because righteousness, total acceptance before the Father, is a gift (Romans 5: 17), then we cannot lose it?

Have we not read  Psalm 139 enough times? Why has it not yet sunk into our minds?

"If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

"Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." (Psalm 139: 8-10)

We cannot get away from Him, even if we wanted to! Why is that:?:

"But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." (Isaiah 43: 1-2)

Because we have redemption of sins in Christ (Ephesians 1: 7), we know that we are righteous before God, like His own Son, and therefore we rest in His righteousness (Hebrews 4: 9-11)

And here are some other scriptures about being "cut off":

"And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth." (Genesis 9: 11)

and

"Thy seed also had been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels like the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before me." (Isaiah 48: 19)

Here, the prophet is speaking to the Israelite, but every believer is one of Abraham's seed through Christ:

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3: 29)

We cannot be cut off from God's Spirit  -- we must rest in the truth of God's Word, renewing our mind, and thus our feelings will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment