Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Christ is Simple and Easy for Him who Believes on Him

Simple, but not easy; a price had to be paid. It meant destruction of self-centeredness. I must turn in all things to the Father of Light who presides over us all. (Big Book, pg. 14)

Christ is simple:

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." (2 Corinthians 11: 3)

His yoke is easy:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

It's that simple, it's that easy, yet man will look evermore for "an easier, softer way", yet nothing could be easier than resting in Christ and letting Him live His life through you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment