Thursday, December 28, 2017

Oregon Christmas 2017: Photos and First Thoughts

What a wonderful time I had in Oregon.

I enjoyed connecting with my Dad and his wife Patty. I looked back over the year, and I noticed that this was my second flight up here! I am glad that I have not been shy about flying up to see my parents.

If I factor in last year's Thanksgiving celebration, I have been to Oregon three times, and I am getting a slightly better feel for the city and the region. It's hard to take in sometimes, but my Dad lives at least an hour and a half south of Portland. That is pretty far away.

I got a taste of how bad the traffic can be along on the I-5 corridor, too!




Of course, that was the drive up to Portland International Airport on December 26, the day after Christmas, which is going to a hectic day no matter what.

I loved the country and fields along the state highway, though, and took some videos and photos during the drive to my Dad's home:




Here's the video of the golden trees along the I-5 South:



I saw a Trump supporter driving down the street in Albany, too:




Here were Christmas Decorations in the city of Albany:









I was so tired Christmas Day though. I could not believe how quickly I conked out. We visited Patty's brother and family on another part of the city. It was ice.

What can I say about Oregon?

It's pretty cold up there! It's not freezing most of the time, and Christmas Day was particularly special because the sun came out!



Even the sunset was nice, even though the sun came down around 4:40pm that Christmas Day:



But it was cold up there! Coming back home, I really appreciate the warm weather I get to enjoy down here in the South Bay.

I don't want to every live, no matter how bad or how crazy it gets politically, legally, or culturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment