Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Christmas 2017? A Time of Intense Rest

I love being with my Dad and his wife, my step-mom Patty.

Oregon is a unique place, indeed. It's so green, so lush. They live in Albany, where they have a such a small-town feel, yet there is a lively spirit in so many others, too.

My Dad encouraged me to see the visit up north as a chance to rest. Boy was it a rest for me! I could not believe I tired I had gotten at different times during my stay up here.

Christmas Day was particularly interesting for me. I was up and ready to celebrate with the rest of the family.

Then I found myself just absolutely fatigued by about 2pm. I visited a friend of the family in another part of the city. Within an hour, I just tumbled into a deep sleep. I ended up napping for about an hour. Mom, Dad, and I returned home, and there I just could not keep my eyes open.



I ended up falling into a deep slumber again, then woke up around 2am, then went back to sleep. I just do not like being tired, since I don't get to write or anything else.

For the past two months, there have been some sleepless nights and some early mornings, earlier than expected. I guess all that fatigue caught up with me. 

Resting is indeed one of the hardest things for me:

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."(Hebrews 4:11)

I am glad that I could rest, though. I am also glad that everyone in the family is doing well, too. Oregon is growing fast, as more people from other states are coming here for the lower cost of living and doing business.

With all of this written down and recorded, I am glad that this Christmas turned out to be a time of intense rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment