Thursday, December 7, 2017

Magnifying the LORD

"O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together." (Psalm 34:3)

I have heard many times that "magnify" does not mean that we have to make God bigger.

He is already omnipotent and all-encompassing.

It means that we place our focus and attention on him.

I further realized that it means that we stop making problems in our midst the focus, the attention on our minds.

I was looking at my status in life, and I had found myself comparing myself to others.

I asked questions about the future, the past, and I wondered if I was on the wrong track or if I needed to find a different path.

Once again, now that I look at the last two weeks, I realize that I was making my future bigger than God. I was making my concerns about tomorrow and the next day more important than God Himself. He who has been from the beginning Jesus Christ.



It's time for us to recognize that there is nothing, absolutely nothing to big for Him.

We need to spend less time worrying and wondering about tomorrow--as though he can't handle it.

We need to stop thinking that our future is just an amorphous mess over which He has no power. None of this is true.

We need to stop making our problems seem larger than they are. They simple are not.

"My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me." (Psalm 31:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment