Saturday, December 16, 2017

My Life is Back to a Peaceful Place

In December 2015, I was hired for a great job in a marketing firm.

At the same time, I was working as a writer and active in attending city council meetings and confronting elected officials.

Then came Election 2016, of course, and I also served as the President of a local partisan club. I was a really busy person, to say the least. I didn't have a lot of time to do the things that I wanted to do, but most importantly, I was not reading and meditating on God's Word!

Wow, I look back on the year and a half since I was hired in 2015 then laid off in 2017.

I didn't read God's Word, and I didn't see Jesus, who transforms us from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Add to the activism demands the fact that I had grown an incredible, overwhelming profile on Facebook--and my left was just swamped. At one point, I weighted 255 lbs! I was not healthy, I was overworked, tired a lot, doing so much, and facing many heavy demands on my time.

I still remember staying up to 12 midnight in one city council meeting, then having to get home to sleep and prepare for the day! I was not used to having to wake up at 6:30am, since I had worked night shifts and late afternoons at my other job!

It's good to take a look back the way things had been. I loved my job, and I was sad that I had been laid off. It opened up a lot of time for me to go full freelance as a writer, blogger, and activist. People were willing and ready to donate to me to help me be their voice in the fight against corrupt city councils and lawless elected officials. It has been a great ride.

I am definitely ready for something more stable, though, and I see now that many of the most competing and ever-present demands in my life have gone.

For about a year, I served as the California Director for MassResistance. I wanted to fight against the destructive LGBT hate machine and stand up for Biblical truth, which sets all of us free! We witnessed measured success throughout the state, even though some really bad legislation managed to pass. The worst bill yet, SB 1146, would have essentially shut down every Christian college in the state. The bill faced immense opposition, then ended up being watered down to a massive notification requirement.

Earlier this year, I ended up quitting as CA Director for MassResistance, since I found it difficult and time-consuming to line up enough people to go to key events. Once, I wanted to demonstate in solidarity with the Mexican People against homosexual marriage. I stood outside of the Los Angeles area Mexican Consulate, but no one had showed up despite plenty of advertising and outreach to get other pro-family advocates to come. Even the Spanish media arrived, but one hour late!

UGH!

I could see that this movement was not as strong as I had hoped--at least with me in charge. Moms and Dads throughout the state of California are engaging like never before to take care of their children and take back their education. One couple in South Orange County contacted me because of something I had written on my blog about MassResistance. They didn't even know that I was the CA Director! It's pretty clear that there is a growing movement in the state of California to stop the LGBT abuse machine, and that someone else can lead the fight better than me.

I was glad to release that responsibility. MassResistance is kicking LGBT butt all over the country, especially Texas. The pro-family movement is revving up like never before in the Lone State State, so much so that the RINO Speaker of the Texas State Assembly announced his retirement earlier this year. More winning!

After leaving MassResistance, I had to weigh the options of staying on as President of the Beach Cities Republicans. I found that other activist groups were working out well for me, and that more people were joining the fight from that angle. There was no further need for me to stay on with the Beach Cities Republicans, especially since the time demands were growing. I found it more difficult to find speakers, as other clubs are facing similar challenges. I wanted to use me to time and focus for other engagements. After two years, I saw a growing number of people joining the club, paying dues, and getting involved in their local communities.

My work was done, and Peter Michel, the previous Second-VP, was ready to take over. Now people call me Chairman or President Emeritus. Funny!

Then another "setback" occurred two weeks ago. I was working on my back-up Facebook account, and then suddenly I was shut out! The program informed me that I had violated the community standards, but refused to inform me how! I was blocked from my back-up account. I tried to open up a third account, and that one was shut down within two hours.



Before all of this, I had been blocked from my original account, one which I had opened five years ago! A week after being shut out of my back-up, I discovered that my original account had been disabled entirely. Unbelievable. No more Facebook, no more live videos, nothing.

And yet it's all worked out very well for me. I'm glad it's over, and I am glad that the door has been closed for good. Facebook was turning into an overwhelming time-suck. The high volume of calls, direct messages, contacts had overtaken so many other pursuits and interests in my life. I can't believe I had spent so much time on that one social media platform. Even Facebook has admitted that it can harm users' health.

It could not have happened at a better time. Glad to be gone, and glad to have my life in a peaceful place. I am reading God's Word again. I find more time to meditate and remind myself of His promises.

I can see him clearly in the boat with me, just as Jesus was asleep in the boat during the storm and watching out for and caring for all of us during the hardest as well as easiest times in my life. Things are looking better, and I am trusting Him to put me in the right place at the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment