Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Cross Is Real, the Promise is Real, Christ Jesus is Real

Yes, I know that I have been harping on this revelation for a long time.

Forgive me, but I love to talk about the forgiveness of sins in Christ Jesus, and how active and alive He is in us because of all that He has done for us at the Cross.

This sacrifice which Jesus accomplished for us, this sacrifice is never ending.

One of the greatest revelations I have had lately is that the truth of who Christ Jesus is, and what He did at the Cross, none of it depends on my thinking it or believing it.

These things are not true in our lives because we believe them. We believe them because they are true:

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8: 32)

Know the truth, or otherwise we have nothing to believe in.

The Cross is a real event, not something that I have to imagine or conjure up to make real.

It does not have force in my life because I believe in it. I believe in the Cross, because the event happened, and everything that it means, too!

The blood of Jesus cleanses, whether we think about it or not.

Not tied to our thinking, but His ministry:

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1: 7)

The blood has nothing to do with us. It is cleansing now and forever. Not based on our recognition, but His redemption

Consider also this passage:

"1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2: 1-2)

He is the payment, the mercy seat, for all the sins of all the world. If we sin, we have Jesus our Righteousness, our Advocate!

The Cross is real, the Promise of His life is real, and Jesus is real, seated (not standing) at the right hand of God the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment