Friday, March 13, 2015

So Used to Hurting

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." (John 3:19)

What is it about our deeds being evil, that causes us to run from the light?

We do not want to be condemned for our evil deeds.

When we understand that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin, and maintains our righteousness before God, then we have nothing to fear about the light:

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1: 7)

The darkness does not have to scare us anymore, because Jesus the Light of the World (John 8: 12) preserves us from the condemnation.

For the longest time, though, I have been so used to playing catch-up with hurt feelings.

All the time.

It was just such a custom in my life.

The pain is subsiding, but now I am understanding the cause with greater revelation.

It's not a mind game. It's not about visualizing our peace.

He is our peace, and His peace is one aspect of the fruit of His Spirit working within us.

I was listening to one preacher today talk about how hard we hold on.

There is no desire to let go.

Lord, today I am telling you: I want to let go.

I do not want to get accustomed to my hurt. I do not want to be used to the life of comfort measures.

Thank you, for caring for me in all things, today!

No comments:

Post a Comment