Sunday, March 29, 2015

No Condemnation in Christ

When I think about what I have overcome in Christ, when I realize all that Jesus did for me, and is still doing for me, I recollect what I have been through, the errors that I was taught, the distortions which I had believed, the misleading ideas which had led me astray.

Alcoholics Anonymous is a cult, and a dangerous cult because the program masquerades as a mainstream self-help formula.

Yet there are many people who still suffer in the rooms, who still see themselves as alcoholics, insane men and women who have lost control of their lives.

Because of the toxic frauds perpetrated by this cult, and the pervasive influence of the Twelve Steps, I was convinced that God was coming or going every day.

I did not see the Living God taking care of every moment.

When left with my own conception of God, what is left but a big world which is too scary to face.

Every day, I felt that I was on my own, that I had to make sure that I tried to keep God close to me.

Today, because I take God at His Word, rather than resisting His Word and taking men at their word on key issues, I have more peace and security.

There was nothing wrong with the Word of God - at all.

The same truth revealed in God made man had never changed, and was ever present to take me from glory to glory, as I moved from faith to faith, for "The righteous shall live by faith" (Habakkuk 2: 4; Romans 1: 17).

We grow in faith as we  hear and keeping hearing the Word of Christ (Romans 10: 17)

We do not grow as we keep listening to ourselves or others, and certainly not if we keep looking at ourselves.

There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, period. None.

If we stay for any length of time in a program which tells us to keep taking our inventory, we are contradicting God the Father and His Son, and declaring that what Jesus did at the Cross is not good enough:

"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Hebrews 10: 29)

I am taking God at His Word today. He has done a perfect Work for me and the whole world at the Cross, and He is my mercy seat today and forever more. (1 John 2: 1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment