Sunday, March 15, 2015

I Can Ask Him for Help

I have been so used to trying to help myself.

If I was angry or afraid, the first thing that I was taught to do was to find a way to help myself.

"God helps those who help themselves."

That passage is nowhere in the Bible, but the distorted invention of a crank "enlightened" thinker.

We need a living Savior to help us in our times of need, not just from death to life, but even today in our walk on this earth.

This has been the hardest part for me.

I still want to know what the future holds.

Today, because I have read the Word of God, because I recognize the full testimony of Revelation, I understand now not only that He will never leave us nor forsake us, but that I have nothing but a bright future ahead of me.

The issue, then, is not about the future. We all know that nothing but good awaits us who believe on Him.

The issue is: will He be there for me during the rough times?

The Cross sends the clear signal once, for all, and forever: "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

That is a double negative, just as "There is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus" is a double negative.

The issue, then, is the lie that I had believed for so long.

That how I felt determined how close He was to me or far away.

The same way that the disciples wondered if Jesus cared about them during the storm on the sea of Galilee.

He was there in the boat, and He was asleep, undisturbed by the storm.

The issue was not whether they would get to the other side.

The issue was "Don't you care?!"

Yes, He does!

Today, I understand that He cares, and I can ask Him for help in all matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment