Friday, March 13, 2015

Not So Hard on Ourselves Anymore

Why are we hard on ourselves? 

Because if I don't do it, then it won't get done!

Hold on a second.

Did He not promise to take care of everything for us?

Yes, God our Father did!

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
 
"11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
"12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
He promised it -- now start believing it!
 
Today, believing it does not mean feeling or not feeling a certain way.
 
It is a simple recognition of all that Jesus accomplished at the Cross.
 
It is not something that I try to generate through thoughts and feelings.
 
Faith really is simple.
 
The problem is all the Judaizing that runs amok in churches. All the going back to the law, trying in our efforts to obey, when in truth we need Him working in us.
 
This is all so new, and so wonderful.
 
I am learning so much about Jesus, and how alive He is!
 
We do not have to be hard on ourselves, because He is bearing the brunt of the hard work in our lives!
 
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11: 28)
 
and also
 
"31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? 33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." (Romans 8: 31-34)
 
He is committed to provide us - you and me - all things.
 
Today, I am getting into the better swing of things about this!
 
Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment