Saturday, October 25, 2014

Not Knoweldge, but Awareness of Him

For so long, I was asking God to give me some knowledge or insight about something in my lives.

If my head was hurting, if my bank account was shrinking, if there were trials and upsets in my life, I was so focused on what I needed to do or think or feel differently.

I have written about this so many times, and yet just as Peter wrote to follow believers to stir up remembrance, so too we all need to hear and hear again the truth of God's Word.

We need to see Him who has been from the beginning, and we can see Him in the Word, which  never passes away.

We do not need more knowledge in our heads.

We need to see more of Jesus, who is alive and real, and well in our lives:

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

This is not a game. Jesus is alive, seated at the right hand of God the Father.

We are seated with Him. This is no joke, either:

"4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: " (Ephesians 2: 4-6)

Of course, we cannot demean the truth of who we are today in Christ, either:

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

I did not need more knowledge in my head.

I did not need to fight with the bad thoughts and feelings in my head.

What I needed was the clear and growing awareness that Jesus Christ is alive, and that He is alive in me and in my situations, too.

I did not need to think different thoughts. I needed to believe on Him and keep receiving from Him.

This Him is the real Jesus, alive and working in our lives:

"27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily." (Colossians 1: 27-29)

He is alive, and He is our life:

"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)

and also

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." (1 John 5: 12)

I need life, not just more information. I need the greater revelation of Him in my life, not more knowledge about verses in the Bible. I need to know the truth who sets me free, not sound advice from the world.

Not knowledge, but awareness: we need Awareness of all that He is and is doing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment