Thursday, October 16, 2014

Not Bad, But Dead

I am not a bad person. None of us are.

That's assuming that we have anything to offer.

I am a dead person. That offends a lot of people.

Yet if we say that we are good persons, we are totally wrong:

"The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good." (Psalm 14: 1)

and also

"There is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God." (Romans 3: 11)

Solomon, for all his wisdom, had to admit during his time on the earth:

"For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." (Ecclesiastes 7: 20)

We are dead in our trespasses. We have nothing to offer God, for everything we have, we have from Him:

"But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee. " (1 Chronicles 29: 14)

and

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

and also

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment