Monday, August 18, 2014

As He Is, So Are We In This World

No, we are not alcoholics.

We are either dead in Adam, or we are alive in Christ.

We are not defined by our sins, but either by sin, or the Son.

Today, I choose to be defined by the Son.

Today, we need to reckon ourselves dead to sin, and alive in the Son.

We are not in ourselves, we are not in our sins, we are not in death and destruction, but today we have His life and His standing.

All the negative emotions and frustrations which I had contested or battled with --  today, I learn that those feelings were never me.

They were never me at all.

Who I am has nothing to do with what we feel or think.

Our standing before God has nothing to do with us at all.

Yesterday evening and this morning, I became acquainted with a powerful revelation.

Even if I feel a certain way, I am aware fully that I am in Christ, seated at the right hand of God the Father.

Everyone who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is seated in Christ, at the right hand of God the Father.

We are not disciples, but sons, heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ Jesus.

That is who we are.

I am not my feelings. I am not the bad memories -- or even the good memories of times past.

This life is from Him, not from me.

For years, though, I struggled with my bad feelings, thinking that how I felt was frustrating the grace of God. There is no such nonsense.

Nothing can separate us.

Yet the new mindset which is taking over is this: the rambling thoughts and feelings are not me.

All of Christ, none of us.

As Christ is, so are we in this world.

Because of evil cults and religious bondage, people still look at their thoughts and feelings, convinced that who they are is bound up in their past or present recollections, or the challenges of other people.

It was difficult for me to let go of the backstage rumblings, so to speak, since  I have become so used to fighting with upsets and hurt feelings.

Now I understand why I was having a hard time discerning God's perfect will for me. I was so attuned to soul and body, but not to the Spirit. All of us are spirit, and we can neither be fed nor led by our feelings and thinking.

As Christ is, so are we in this world, and today I attest that He is working in me, both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

AA taught me to look at my thoughts and feelings. Jesus Christ through His Word and His Spirit witnesses to us that we are Spirit and that He leads us by His peace.

I am the righteousness of God in Christ. Yet for years, I was convinced that my feelings dictated whether I was OK with God or not.

Wrong. Way wrong. We take God at His Word not our feelings. I could not be simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment