Sunday, August 10, 2014

A New Creation -- Not an Old Perversion

We are hindered in our walk of faith if we do not read God's Word.

As long as we hold onto the testimonies of other people, and especially religious sects like Alcoholics Anonymous, we will be ignorant of who we are in Christ.

And we are in Christ:

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5: 17)

Why?

"For he [God the Father] hath made him [Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

We are defined by Jesus, who lives in us and moves us:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2: 20)

and then

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4: 17)

Is Jesus an alcoholic? Of course not -- so are you and I in this world!

Is Jesus sick, poor, or under the circumstances?

Of course not:

"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich." (2 Corinthians 8: 9)

Today, Jesus I seated at the right hand of God the Father:

"21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." (Ephesians 1: 21-23)

So are you and I in this world..

We are a new creation in Christ today, so do not identify with the old perversions.

No comments:

Post a Comment