Friday, August 22, 2014

AA Mind Control is Evil --- Rest in His Work

I have read many times about the AA cult, that this evil system of rules and self-centered pressure is all about mind control.

Indeed it is.

Let him tell you about it: "I was much impressed with what you fellows said about alcoholism, and I frankly did not believe it would be possible for me to drink again. I rather appreciated your ideas about the subtle insanity which precedes the first drink, but I was confident it could not happen to me after what I had learned. I reasoned I was not so far advanced as most of you fellows, that I had been usually successful in licking my other personal problems, and that I would therefore be successful where you men failed. I felt I had every right to be self-confident, that it would be only a matter of exercising my will power and keeping on guard. (AA, 40)

"The subtle insanity" really speaks to the sin in on our flesh, which no man can control or fix.

However, anyone who is forced into this program will find that they must define themselves by their perversion.

One has to wonder: If you call people alcoholics, are you surprised to see that 90% + of members in the program end up failing and going back to drinking?

This program pushes a terrible mind control, one which grants nothing but relentless religious fanaticism:

It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee - Thy will (not mine) be done." These are thoughts which must go with us constantly. We can exercise our will power along this line all we wish. It is the proper use of the will. (AA, 85)

Daily reprieve? Excuse me?

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth." (Psalm 119: 142)

and then

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy." (Daniel 9: 24)

and

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5: 21)

We do not have a daily reprieve from sin, but in Christ we can rest assured that there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8: 1)

Sin has been  condemned in our flesh, too (Romans 8: 3), and we walk in the Light, we can rest assured that His blood continues to cleanse us from all sin (1 John 1: 7)

Today, we have the mind of Christ, too:

"For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2: 16)

For years, I was convinced that I had to watch what I was thinking and feeling. I had to make sure that my thoughts did not stray from God, or else God would not bless me.

This sense of bondage is not revealed in the Bible, yet in the AA cult, which I was reared on for years.

This is an evil cult, one which masquerades as a supplement to the Bible, when in fact this book is suffused with lies and distortions, along with improper uses of Scripture.

This verse now carries its full meaning to me in ways which I had never understood before:

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." (Isaiah 26: 3)

This verse really does convey perfect peace, because the entire chapter (context is always key) speaks of the Savior Jesus Christ:

"In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.

2Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
 
3Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
 
4Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:" (Isaiah 26: 1-4)
 
I had meditated on this passage for a long time, or at least I thought that I had.
 
I never realized, however, that there was nothing wrong with the Word of God. There was something drastically wrong with the words, in fact lies, of Bill W and other "self-help" programs which actually make man more helpless.
 
He keeps us in perfect peace. He keeps us, we do not keep ourselves. Yet if we try to read the Word of God with a man-centered perspective, we actually are not reading the Bible, for This Book, the real Big Book, speaks of God, speaks of His Son, and we see Him through His Spirit.
 
The First verse is very clear:
 
"We have a strong city -- Salvation will appoint walls and bulwarks.
 
Salvation is Yeshua or Jesus in Hebrew. Jesus is our defense. He is our refuge. He is watching out for us at all times.
 
How does our mind rest in Him? Because we trust in Him. Why do we trust in God, we can we trust in Jesus? Because God gave His Word, literally:
 
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (John 1: 1)
 
and then
 
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3: 16)
 
We trust in the LORD because Jesus is our defense. He is our perfect sacrifice, our propitiation, and our High Priest Forever.
 
More in Isaiah 26 bears out what Jesus has done for us:
 
"5For he bringeth down them that dwell on high; the lofty city, he layeth it low; he layeth it low, even to the ground; he bringeth it even to the dust.
 
6The foot shall tread it down, even the feet of the poor, and the steps of the needy.
 
7The way of the just is uprightness: thou, most upright, dost weigh the path of the just.
 
8Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O LORD, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
 
9With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26: 5-9)
 
Righteousness is essential for man:
 
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6: 33)
 
Now, righteousness is not something that we do, but something which we receive, a gift graced to us through the death of Jesus.
 
The first picture of righteousness by faith is found in Genesis:
 
"3And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. " (Genesis 4: 3-5)
 
Abel's sacrifice was accepted because of the shedding of blood, the only remission of sin.
 
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." (Hebrews 9: 22)
 
Now, to affirm that the sacrifice accorded righteousness:
 
"11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. 12Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous." (1 John 3: 11-12)
 
Isaiah further prophesies that the righteousness which establishes us comes from Him:
 
"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." (Isaiah 54: 17)
 
We need the righteousness of God, and we receive this gift in Christ:
 
"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." (2 Corinthians 5: 21)
 
and
 
"For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ." (Romans 5: 17)
 
The fundamental truth that I keep on receiving the gift of righteousness was a new revelation for me, as well.
 
Now, back to Isaiah 26: 3
 
He keeps our mind in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Him.
 
The word "samak" actually implies that He keeps us rested in Him.
 
In fact, that is exactly what Jesus offers to us:
 
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11: 28)
 
I kept thinking that I had to rest in Him, when in fact He causes us to rest in Him:
 
"2Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest." (Jeremiah 31: 2)
 
We trust in Him, and thus we can rest.
 
Yet the revelation goes deeper:
 
"Samak" is the word for "stay", and its first mention speaks of God's provision supporting us:
 
"And Isaac answered and said unto Esau, Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him: and what shall I do now unto thee, my son?" (Genesis 27: 37)
 
This example is particularly telling, because Isaac attempted to go around God's will and bless the first-born son, even though God had prophesied in advance that the elder would serve the younger (Genesis 25: 23)
 
Once again, the one who stays us is not ourselves, but God.
 
Wow, I had brought myself into so much bondage, convinced that what I was thinking or feeling would drive God away or prevent Him from living and working in me.
 
Yet today we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) and we set our affections in Jesus, where we are now seated, for He is our life (Colossians 3: 1-4)
 
"Samak" also appears in passages where offerers rest their hands on the head of the animal taking their place:
 
"And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock." (Exodus 29: 10)
 
The animal takes away the sins of the offerer, yet today we have the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world:
 
"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." (John 1: 29)
 
and
 
"1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2: 1-2)
 
We are spirit beings, we have been brought to life, and we no longer identify with our flesh, our fallen man which will stil give off feelings of sin and frustration. Yet that is not where we live. We live in His life and His love, no longer identifying with an old man that has been crucified (Romans 7: 4-7)
 
We rest on the truth that He has put away our sins forever, forever, forever.
 
While AA induces people to keep trying to control their thoughts and feelings, what we have today in Christ is total freedom from ourselves, receiving His life and direction within us.
 
For so long, I had identified with my head, my thinking, and whatever I was feeling on the inside.
 
Today, I realize that my life is not in my head, not in my feelings, but in the Spirit of God who lives  and dwells in me, who grants Christ to live in me and through me.
 
AA is all mind control in some creepy cult, where people have to work these awful, useless Twelve Steps which take man nowhere. Steps appeal to our flesh, yet flesh is simply not who we are.
 
We are Spirit, and in Christ we are alive today. Forget AA, and rest in the Alpha and Omega -- who was and is and always will be.
 

2 comments:

  1. Guess it "didn't work for you" ?
    Where is the logic in criticizing a program that saved lives? Sounds to me you need some anger management. AA is about helping others. It's primary purpose is "to stay sober AND help other alcoholics achieve sobriety". There are plenty of nuts in AA though...

    ReplyDelete