Thursday, September 5, 2013

AA is a Head Trip -- A Bad One

Oh my goodness!

How long this has taken me to understanding.

A conception of God is totally wrong!

Totally.

I do not want to trust in a God manufactured in my mind!

I need to rest and believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, a God who is beyond my understanding, greater than every problem and setback, one who is Savior and Lord!

AA has no such power.

This "Higher Power" business is a sham.

I do not want something that springs out of my head.

I want the Person who holds the universe together, who lives and moves and has His being whether I feel that I understand Him or not.

I do not want to create some idea of a deity, but rather I want the God who is on my side, whether I understand it or not, whether I sense Him or not, whether I feel Him or not.

I know that He is on my side because God was against His own Son on the Cross.

Jesus became sin that I would be made the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5: 21)

He provides everything, because He is everything.

Since when did anyone of us get the notion that we can bring anything to the table?

Everything is a gift from God.

Let's take a look at the first verse of the Bible:

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

God creates, and He does not destroy. God is supreme, above everything and every thing.

The first word in the Hebrew displays a richness beyond which the English can only capture a glimpse.

"Bereshith" is the first word, which is often translated "In the Beginning".

B-R means "Son" in Hebrew, which speaks of Jesus!

The word is based on "resh" or "rosh", which means "head", and Jesus is the head of the Church, the Body of believers.

He is also the Head of all Creation.

The only "head trip" that counts is the trip that every child of God can enjoy with Christ as the head of our lives.

All we have to do is trust Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment