Saturday, October 27, 2012

No Resentments to Undo -- Rest in His Righteousness

I am so upset with the whole AA program.

The Twelve Steps tell you to take your inventory, to look at yourself, to check over yourself when "these things crop up."

I was appalled and now I am dismayed that so many people sit in meetings week after week, or worse day after day taking their inventory, talking about how other people make them mad.

In truth, people cannot make us mad, but the infirmity of our flesh, coupled with abuse which may have suffered in the past, or the upsetting circumstances which we could not overcome on our own, may press us into thinking that we have to do and take care of things on our own.

The fact is, that resentments, fears, worries, and the rest all stem from our trusting in ourselves instead of resting in his righteousness.

I cannot write this enough times. I was taught in this program that how I felt or what I was thinking would effect how close I was to God, or how close God is to me.

The Bible teaches that where He is in us has nothing to do with us at all. Thank You, God the Father for cuttting the New Covenant:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

I did not do one thing so that God would no longer remember my sins. Everything is connected to what God has done through His Son:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8: 31-32)

and

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus." (Colossians 1: 27-28)

We are complete in Him, too (Colossians 2: 10). Wow!

While AA teaches people that they have to engage in action and still more action, the Bible witnesses of Christ and Him Crucified, who has made all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment