Saturday, October 27, 2012

If Not Motivated by Sin -- then By Grace!

So, I now realize that a life based on sin and trying to keep sin at bay in my life is not what it's all about.

Even Jesus promised this:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10)

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14: 6)

So, how are we supposed to live if we are not living to keep a lid on our sin? If life is not about staying sober, then what is is all about?

Knowing Him and all that He is and has and does for us, so that we may bear fruit and share this Life with others!

He leads us from within:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)

He puts His laws within us -- we no longer have to run around and find someone or something to tell us what to do:

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things." (1 John 2: 20)

and

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2: 27)

The Holy Spirit now lives in every believer and by His peace we can know what to do or what not to do!

This righteousness gives us access to His grace, his unmerited favor in our lives, which defines us and drives us:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Corinthians 15: 10)

His grace defends us and rewards us in the face of attack:

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10)

We are called to grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord (2 Peter 3: 18),seeing Him doing all things on our behalf, and by His grace we are led to fulfill the purposes which He is already working within us (Philippians 2: 12-13).

We are not motivated by sin or by penance, but we are motivated by the Spirit of God and His grace in our lives! AA cannot, does not, will not teach this, and for that reason, every believer must get away from AA!

No comments:

Post a Comment