Friday, March 29, 2019

The Never-Ending Love of God Was Always There -- I Just Didn't Realize It

It is plain that a life which includes deep resentment leads only to futility and unhappiness. To the precise extent that we permit these, do we squander the hours that might have been worth while. But with the alcoholic, whose hope is the maintenance and growth of a spiritual experience, this business of resentment is infinitely grave. We found that it is fatal. For when harboring such feelings we shut ourselves off from the sunlight of the Spirit. The insanity of alcohol returns and we drink again. And with us, to drink is to die.


If we were to live, we had to be free of anger. The grouch and the brainstorm were not for us. They may be the dubious luxury of normal men, but for alcoholics these things are poison. (pg 66, Alcoholics Anonymous CULT)

In 2012, shortly after I learned more deeply about the Gospel of Grace, I began to pick apart, then ultimately rip into shreds the whole Alcoholics Anonymous program, including the "Big Book".

My mother was so invested in Alcoholics Anonymous, that she placed the Bible and the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous on the same plane. Such thinking is even more corrupted and mistaken than Peter's attempt to place Jesus, Moses, and Elijah all in tents.

God the Father intervened quickly and declared: "This is my beloved Son. Hear Him!" Not the law, not the prophets, but listen to Jesus!

Sadly, many Christians are listening to Jesus and Bill Wilson, as though he was some kind of modern-day prophet or evangelist. The truth is that Bill W. wanted to replace Christ Jesus entirely. Private correspondance from a former follower of his announced the following:

"[He thought that] he was completing the work that Christ didn't finish & according to Horace he said he was a reincarnation of Christ."

That is evil blashemy, nothing more.

Jesus was not mincing words or holding back when He shouted on the Cross: "It is Finished." (John 19:30)

He Finished the Work. He took all our sin and gave us His righteousness, His standing, and His life.

I have been meditating on God's Word and His Goodness in so many ways. I have learned so much about God's Grace, His Love.

I can't cut off His love for me. My feelings cannot cut off God's love for me.

And yet, I had believed for the longest time that if I was angry, if I had been feelings, bad thoughts, if I was thinking illicit ways, then it was cutting of God's love for me.

How wrong I was!

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Genesis 8:38-39)

Nothing can separate us from God's love for us.

Yet for decades, for the greatest part of my life, I never knew about how much God loved me. I often believed that I had to get rid of these bad feelings, or I would focus on or pump up God's love for me so that I could get rid of the bad thoughts, the bad feelings within me.

Over the last two days, though, I have started to realize that God's intense love for me has been at work, working on me for the longest time. I didn't realize this as profoundly as I needed to until recently.

Indeed, He has been working a great work on me!

When I first believed on Christ Jesus as my Savior, my Lord, He loved me intently, and He was committed to doing everything that He could to bless me.

It's not like I needed to get a greater awareness to make His love for me real. What I needed to abandon was this sentiment, this lie that I needed to get rid of the bad feelings, the inappropriate thoughts, in order to receive or better understand His love for me.

Why did I think this way Why did I have this erroneous belief that I had to get rid of the bad feelings and thoughts so that I would better understand God's Love for Me, that I would know that His presence was always with me?

Because of Alcoholics Anonymous, this notorious, fraudulent cult.

Consider the above passage from pg. 66 of the "Big Fraud Book", at the top of this post. If we get angry, AA claims, we are cutting ourselves off from "the sunlight of the spirit."

That is a total lie. In fact, sometimes our getting angry is a just response and a needed motivation for us to stand up to evil in our midst. It's OK to be angry; but it's not OK for us to sin in our anger. That's the difference.

What is really wonderful, however, is that His great love was at work in my life all this time. There was no reason for me to wonder if He was there for me or not.

There is so much more for me to write about on this subject, but then those revelations will veer off into other principles for life and good living. I will touch on them presently.

No comments:

Post a Comment