Friday, March 29, 2019

He Was Always At Work, In Love With Me, Helping Me

There is no greater feeling than looking back at the whole history of my life--as much or as little as I can recall--and recognizing that through all of it, God's never-ending, ever-cascading love was falling all over me.

I simply didn't know about it.

I had no idea how much He was caring for me, watching out for me, intervening in my life. The more that we are willing to rest and believe that He is caring for us--and not in some static, emotional way--the more good that comes our way!

We have to stop getting in God's Way.

And yet, I could not help but get in the way because for so long, I had this sad sense about me that God's love was static, meaningless. All of that is wrong. God's love is dynamic, specific, precise, wonderful.

He sees as the best thing in town, because He sent His Son to die for us, to live for us, and God the Father has placed us IN HIS SON!

"[F]or ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:28-29)

and

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)

I did not know how great God's love was for me.

He was loving and blessing me, even if there was anger, hurt, lust, disgust going through my veins.

I was never to indentify with the unpleasant feelings in my body, nor did I have to worry about getting rid of them. All that sin, all that mess, was condemned already in the body of God's son:

"3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Romans 8:3-4)



It's so gratifying to look back over the last 30-something years of my life, and to see that in spite of all the pain, losses, hurt, discouragement, and confusion, He was ALWAYS at work. He was behind the scenes, only because I was too busy looking at myself rather than my looking at Him.

So busied did I become with the actions, the thoughts, the words, the deeds that I had to do. I needed to see more of how much God loves me, and I needed to jettison the lie that I had to get rid of bad feelings to see, know, understand, receive the love that God the Father has for me.

This is so exciting, I just want to keep writing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment