Thursday, July 16, 2015

No Condemnation in Loss

The Bible is full of stories about people who did wrong things, and lost things, but God is gracious enough not only to restore what was lost, but to give us something so much better.

I have lost jobs, money, etc, in many ways

A few years ago, I was the victim of an Internet scam.

I was kicking myself for the longest time, and even until recently, I was so fearful about spending any money on anything.

I was afraid to lose money, I used to think.

Today, I take a step back, and realize that I felt guilty, ashamed, and condemned about a number of things in my life. So many things.

I felt guilty about wrong things which I had said and done, about things which I had thought and felt.

Today, because of the Cross, because of the Blood of Jesus, I recognizes that there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, at all, ever.

Yet condemnation will give way to doing wrong, stupid, and foolish things. We will get afraid of our past failures, then try to hold ourselves so that we do not make those mistakes again. Guess what? We make those failures again.

I had spent money badly in the past. I know understand why.

I had been tricked once, and I understand why it had happened. I also realize that He is holding the universe together, my Daddy God, and therefore I do not have to live with a poverty mindset, that there will be nothing if I spend something once in a while.

I am not trusting finite man to protect me. I see the infinite loving God looking out for me.

I also accept that God is not going to rain down money. He cannot do that, since no one can prosper on the outside if they refuse to prosper from within. God does not throw wealth upon us if He knows that our bad mental state will lead us to spend foolishly and live heedlessly.

God our Father is infinitely interested in our full and forever prosperity. Not just for ourselves, though, but for others.

So, loss is not the issue for us, even if it is our fault. God has paid for all our sins. All of them. He is taking care of us, and He invites us to sows the seeds of good will and talent in our lives to bless others.

Wow. There is no condemnation in Christ, and I can now reap the joy of knowing the grace of God toward us, that Christ became poor that through His poverty we might be right (2 Corinthians 8: 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment