Saturday, January 17, 2015

No More Hypervigilance

For the longest time, I was so bitter.

So easily embittered, too.

I could not understand why I would replay hurtful and painful images and memories in my mind.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." (John 8: 32)

The lie which I had believed for a long time, was that I was responsible for protecting myself.

He is protecting me.

He is not going anywhere, regardless of how I feel.

The matter of entering into the rest makes more sense today than ever before.

If I felt bad, if things were going bad, right away I would get busy with trying to figure out what I needed to do, what I needed to know, or what was missing or what I needed to find out about.

I was thinking about what I was going to do about tomorrow.

That question makes no sense today, because I understand that the Cross answers every need.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment