Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stop Fighting with Lies: Rest in the Truth

I was spending too much time fighting with lies.

That was why I was going  around and around in frustration. I kept trying to figure out what I did or needed to do in order to put away sentiments of anger of frustration in my life.

The sense of fear and panic in my life was so great, and the chronic fears would creep up into my mind:

"What are you going to do about this? What about that? What if they found out what you said or thought, or did?"

All of that anxiety and frustration is answered in one word: Jesus.

He died on the Cross, He took away all our sins, and He gave us His Life.

For the longest time, I was convinced that there was something more that I needed to be doing.

There was so much turmoil in my mind, in my body. Why the wrestling? Why the struggling?

Because I was trying to reconcile two opinions which were in never-ending conflict, typified in the womb of Rebekah:

"22And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to inquire of the LORD.

23And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger." (Genesis 25:22-23)
 
Or how about:
 
"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word." (1 Kings 18: 21)
 
We need to stop wavering on what God has spoken to us in His Word, no longer being tossed about by every wind and wave of doctrine (Ephesians 4: 14)
 
Oftentimes, we identify with the truth of God's Word, that by grace we are saved through faith, yet many times we want to retreat to our flesh, our efforts, ourselves.
 
We are convinced that we can add something to all that Jesus did at the Cross for us. Yet there is nothing more than for us to believe, and there is nothing else which we can do:
 
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John 15: 5)
 
We have God's Word for all things. If we struggle with believing anything that He has declared to us, it is only because we are trying to believe something else, and whatever that "something else" is, we must get rid of it:
 
"28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
 
30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman." (Galatians 4: 28-30)
 
and also
 
"
10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
 
Notice in Hebrews 8: 13 -- "That which is old decays and goes away."
 
So, stop holding onto the lies of the past, the Old Covenant which had its place, yet no longer plays a role in our lives, for He is our life (Colossians 3: 1-4)
 
"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6: 29)
 
That is the work, which cut down the "works" which the Israelites of Jesus' day wanted to know about and do.
 
The problem in the Body of Christ today, as I see it and as many have shared, is that we are too busy working, doing, trying to fulfill. In churches and pulpits, as well as everywhere else, the pressure for us to do something, or something more, reigns supreme, when Jesus is asking us to resign all things to His hands (1 Peter 5: 6-7), and to let us reign in life with Him (Romans 5: 17)

Why did I feel bad? Why was I so easily angry? Simply put: I was not aware of the truth, I was not walking in the truth that in Christ, all my sins are forgiven, and I am dead to sin (Romans 6:11-14)

There is no need to fight with pain and hurt, or to fear that I would well up into pain and suffering again. I know the truth who sets me free today.

No comments:

Post a Comment