Thursday, December 4, 2014

Set Free Some More

We need to hear the Truth of the Gospel, and keeping hearing it.

I have spent so much of my time reacting to how I felt.

I was so busy dealing with my feelings.

We need to know the truth, and the truth sets us free.

This life is not about feeling better, but seeing  more of Him.

For the longest time, I was deeply caught up in trying to feel better.

There was pain and fear in my life for so long.

We are not called to be in the business of making ourselves feel better.

We are called to believe the truth that sets us free.

Our negative thinking, or negative feelings merely reflect a backward or incomplete knowledge of the truth, pure and simple.

For the longest time,  I was focusing on how I felt, and trying to fix that.

Wow, I was so wrong.

"2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 4I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (3 John 2-4)

We need to walk in the truth of the Gospel, that in Christ all our sins are forgiven, and that we have entered into a New Covenant because of the blood of Jesus and His High Priesthood forever.

I have spent my whole life feeling bad about what I was thinking, when the reality is simply to believe the truth, and not condemn ourselves for not believing the truth.

We have nothing to be ashamed of, because there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment