Thursday, December 4, 2014

He is Our Life (Not My Efforts)

Why was I so frustrated with what I was thinking and feeling?

Because I had believed that what I was thinking or feeling determined whether God was living and working in my life, or not.

Hence, the deep-rooted frustration and pain with fearing whatever I was thinking or feeling.

The sense that His presence would come or go depending on what I was thinking or feeling was just too painful to put into words.

Such bondage was the result of believing a lie.

For so long, I was caught up in trying to fix myself, rather than fixing my eyes on Himself.

Today, that is all different.

I had no idea that He is alive, and that He is living in me.

It is not my job to make Him do His job.

He is already at work, taking care of me. This is all wonderful to learn about it.

Every time there was a premonition of fear or panic, I now simply respond with: Lie!

If it's a lie, then there is no reason to tangle and fight about it.

There is a new life which I am recognizing within me, and the Law of the Spirit of Life is quickening me to follow him.

For so long,  I was caught up in trying to guard my thoughts, my feelings, myself. Instead of resting in the truth of everything which Christ Jesus is, I was walking around in bondage to some deep, penetrating lies.

There is no room for adding anything else to a perfect work which Jesus Finished at the Cross.

That includes AA, and thus another reason why I am avoiding many churches at this time.

He is our Life, and this is not something which we conjure up in our lives through strenuous efforts. It's not believing something long and hard enough, but resting in the truth of all that Jesus is.

No comments:

Post a Comment