Friday, November 8, 2013

It's OK To Feel . . .Anything!

I hated feeling bad.

I never wanted to be angry, and I didn't like the fact that other people could make me angry.

Now I have learned since then that what I feel has nothing to do with other people.

At all.

Moreover, God's love for me has nothing, nothing at all, to do with how I feel.

He loves me, and when I understand this love, then my emotions light up like a Christmas Tree.

I can be mad, sad, glad, and even afraid!

Yes, the Bible says that perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18)

When I would interpret this verse, I often feared getting afraid, because then I assumed that God was not loving me.

No.

When we fear our feelings, we are operating under a lie.

God loves us because He sent His Son to die for us, and He has placed us in His Son, our righteousness and our life.

We receive all things through Him, too.

Our feelings, our flesh have all been crucified, so we need no longer feel guilty about our feelings, and we certainly should reckon ourselves dead to any kind of sin:

"8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6: 8-11)

and

"1There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. " (Romans 8: 1-4)

It's OK to feel anything, because our feelings are merely an indicator of what we are thinking.

Let us renew our minds to the truth of who we are in Christ (Romans 12:1-3), and let Him guide us in His peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment