Monday, November 18, 2013

A Revisit to Share the Reason Rejoice

It was a negative habit in my life.

The worse that I felt, the more compelled I felt that I had to do something about how I felt.

The frustrations and upsets in my life, they were all part and parcel of sin in the flesh, which was crucified in Christ when He died on the Cross.

Because I am crucified with Christ, just as Paul (Galatians 2: 20-21), I live by His faith living in me.

It's all of Christ, none of me.

Today, I received a greater, glorious revelation.

There will still be upsets and hurts in my life. They are connected with sentiments of condemnation, from which we are completely free in Christ Jesus!

The challenge would often fall into -- is this upset, this angry thought something that I need to do something about, or not?

The answer -- Not!

Jesus Christ took care of every hurt, every setback, every pain at the Cross.

I also have learned, and I share with all of you.

I used to believe that how I felt would impact whether Christ was working in my life or not.

When I noticed that I would get angry, or frustrated, or anything else, then I would start to panic.

I needed to do something about how I felt, or I would miss out on whatever God wanted to do in my life.

Yet the New Covenant is all about what God does, and not us:

"10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
 
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more." (Hebrews 8: 10-12)
 
He is our God because He remembers our sins no more, for every sin was remembered in the Body of Jesus Christ at the Cross! He watches out for us and supplies all our needs because Jesus died on the Cross for us.
 
So, anytime we find upsets or tumults rising up within us, we can rest assured that this sin in our flesh has been condemned, crucified, and therefore is nothing to worry about.
 
Instead of looking at ourselves, Paul invites everyone who is in Christ:
 
"1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory." (Colossians 3: 1-4)
 
Our feelings and our thoughts relate to Christ, for we are in Him, and as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4: 17)
 
Oftentimes, I used to pray for God to remove feelings of anger and upset in my life. When I found that I was still feeling angry, frustrated, or just about anything else, then I would get fearful, or even despair, because I could not understand why God was not hearing my prayer, or answering my cry.
 
What I have learned as I grow in grace and knowledge of the Lord, seeing all that Jesus Christ accomplished at the Cross and accomplishes to this day seated at the right hand of the Father, the more that I rest in His Work, not in my feelings, nor in my thoughts.
 
Rest and righteousness has everything to do with Christ Jesus, not with me or anything that I say, do or think!
 
This is something to revisit and rejoice in as often as possible! Amen!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment