Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More Revelation about Resentment

Now I am really starting to get this.

I would get angry, and then I would get angry with myself for getting angry

But my anger, my  hurt, does not break my fellowship with God.

In fact, my bouts of rage invite can God's grace into my life all the more, the goodness of God which leads to repentance (Romans 2: 4)

God's grace is greater than my grained sense of hurt and outrage

I cannot lose God's favor in my life because of my feelings!

This is the one of many steps in growing in grace and knowledge of the Lord.

AA teaches men and women to claim "progress not perfection." When it comes to the flesh, our fallen, self-willed selves, there is no reaching perfection:

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not." (Romans 7: 8)

Instead of telling people to identify with their sins, as AA does chronically by compelling members to say "I'm an alcoholic", God invites every person to receive the adoption of sons through Christ (Galatians 4: 6). The more that we renew our minds to who we are in Christ (Romans 12: 2), the more that we are transformed from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3: 18), with less of an inclination to live in the flesh, and more to allow God's Spirit to live and guide us (1 John 2: 20, 27)

Resentment bears forth in our lives to the degree that we try to handle our feelings, stop them from being there. Our feelings cannot separate us from God, cannot alter our fellowship with God. Rather, they merely inform us of our thinking, which can be negative and destructive.

Bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10: 5), receiving all that He has done for us, and let His life live through you!

No comments:

Post a Comment